The pre-summit masterclass is designed specifically for executive assistants. This masterclass will give you the tools you need to succeed in your role, maximise your career opportunities and make the most of every interaction.
Monday 8 November 2021
Overcome the Overwhelm
with Lauren Parsons
Welcome to ‘Overcome the Overwhelm’
Led by: Lauren Parsons
ABOUT YOUR MASTERCLASS
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed with your workload? Tired of constantly juggling dozens of things at once?
This masterclass will help you get out of the ‘overwhelm trap’, showing you how to regain control, boost resilience and super-charge your productivity so you make the most of every day.
It’s common, even for high-performing professionals to feel overwhelmed at times. With the current rate of change, impact of technology and level of connectivity we now experience, it can be difficult to switch off or to prioritise so many competing demands. If you’ve ever wanted to know how to break out of that cycle and start to achieve more with less time, this session is for you.
Learn exactly how to juggle the multiple demands of life, work and family, while staying in control. Enjoy extraordinary energy and vitality throughout the day. Strengthen your communication skills to set boundaries that keep you in-balance. Transform the way you approach and structure your life and workflows so you achieve much more in less time, regain balance and experience more joy and satisfaction.
Designed exclusively for EAs and PAs, and for the Corporate PA Summit New Zealand, this is a must-attend session for any busy admin professional who wants more personal and professional success.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR, LAUREN PARSONS
Lauren is an award-winning Wellbeing Specialist who believes that everyone deserves to thrive. She is passionate about equipping and inspiring people to truly boost their health and happiness. With 19 years’ experience in the health and wellbeing profession she is a sought after speaker, coach and consultant.
Described as inspiring and life-changing, Lauren is a dynamic and highly-engaging presenter, and master story-teller who will have you laughing, moving and learning in a memorable way. You will leave Lauren’s session feeling uplifted and empowered to create positive change, today!
TEDx speaker, Author of real food less fuss, and Seven Fitness Myths to Overcome, founder of the Snack on Exercise movement and regular contributor to AAPNZ and Executive Secretary Magazine among other international publications. Lauren helps busy people re-discover how to feel vibrant, confident and energised.
Based in Palmerston North, New Zealand, where she lives with her husband and three children, she can often be found hosting dinner parties, spending time outdoors or playing board games. Lauren travels regularly to speak at conferences or in-house, and specialises in helping organisations create a high-energy, peak-performance team culture, which enables people to thrive.
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION 1: Secrets to Remaining Resilient and Highly Energised
Discover the essential (but not often used) daily routines that set the foundation for your mental, physical and emotional wellbeing. Uncover the secrets to massively strengthen your energy, focus and resilience so you perform at your best.
- Learn the worst way to start your day and what to do instead
- Discover how to ‘win the day’ from the moment you wake and the top morning routines successful people use to ensure a magnificent day
- Discover the negative consequences of poor sleep and how restorative sleep enhances every system in your body and brain
- Improve cognitive performance and decision-making ability by establishing daily routines that will augment your sleep and boost your vitality
- Learn how to engage in deep restorative sleep and wake up feeling refreshed and energised ready to perform at your peak
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION 2: Overcome the Overwhelm
This session will help you carve a pathway through the overwhelm and show you how to get the most important things done each and every day. You’ll massively boost your effectiveness and remain cool calm and collected, even on the busiest of days.
- The biggest mistake that makes you lose hours every week (and how to overcome it)
- How clarity around what is truly important will transform your decision making ability
- Exactly how to overcome the ‘tyranny of the urgent’ and get the right things done
- How and why to carve out time for yourself to increase your resilience
- The critical mindset shift and practical steps to ensure you take regular time to recharge – completely guilt free
- How to create a calm, positive atmosphere in which you can thrive
- The steps to reduce anxiety and be confident and centred within seconds, regardless of what’s going on around you
1.30 SESSION 3: Super-charge Your Productivity – Less Stress, More Joy
Imagine being so productive and focused, you achieve all your key tasks in less than a standard workday and head home early, completely satisfied and feeling ahead of the game, ready to spend quality time with your loved ones. Packed with practical time-saving tips to reduce stress and help you achieve more with less time, this session can help make that a reality.
- Understand the best places to focus your time and effort to live life the way you really want
- Discover a revolutionary way to plan and schedule your week that will transform your life
- Maximise your productivity by mastering daily success planning so your highest objectives are never missed
- Uncover productivity techniques that top-performers use to create more freedom and flexibility
- Work smarter not harder and gain hours back every week
- Learn the best time-savings tips, hacks and strategies for both home and work
3.00 Afternoon tea
3.30 SESSION 4: Set Boundaries, Say No and Get What You Want
Master the skills of confident, positive and assertive communication to significantly improve the quality of your interactions and both your personal and professional relationships.
- Discover the most common communication mistake you make and how to avoid it
- Learn the fundamentals of assertive communication to calmly and respectfully ask for what you really want and need
- Learn a new way to approach difficult conversations and the non-confrontational way to change the way people treat you
- Establish positive boundaries that create more freedom and give you hours back every week
- Be able to say no, guilt-free
- Come away equipped with practical strategies you can use immediately in your personal and professional life to reduce stress and help you thrive
The session will finish with an opportunity to create your own action plan to ensure you take the transformational ideas and strategies from the masterclass back into your own environment, and know exactly how and when to implement them to create sustained positive change!
4.30 Close of masterclass
The masterclass will be conducted using a combination of presentation material and group exercises; maximising your learning potential. Please note that the masterclass content will be tailored to participants’ individual needs so the length of each session may vary. Refreshments will be served at appropriate times, including morning and afternoon teas and lunch.