The pre-summit masterclass is designed specifically for executive assistants. This masterclass will give you the tools you need to succeed in your role, maximise your career opportunities and make the most of every interaction.
Tuesday 12 November 2019
The EA Business Toolkit 2019
Leadership, Impact and Influence
Welcome to ‘The EA Business Toolkit 2019: Leadership, Impact and Influence’
This full-day masterclass will be held on Tuesday 12 November 2019
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION 1: THE BALANCING ACT?
- The energy demands of modern work and life in the EA/PA industry
- The impact of stress and importance of resilience fitness. How psychological, physical and social fitness help us master stress and fatigue.
- How busy, hyperconnected cultures lead people to miss opportunities for rest and recovery and what you can do about it
- Your role in encouraging and supporting ‘Stress Mastery’
- Leading life on the see-saw: How balancing effort with ease is the key to sustaining wellbeing and performance
- Rest and Relaxation – tips to help you get good rest and relaxation, create healthy sleep habits, and manage fatigue
- Physical Practice: Movement practice for energising your mind and body
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION 2: THE PARADOX OF PRESSURE
- How pressure is both a driver and drainer of our effort and energy
- Mastery – becoming resilient and attaining peak wellbeing + performance
- Mindset – Evidence-based strategies to help you develop growth-mindset and resilience in periods of change, challenge, pressure and uncertainty
- Meaning – How to create meaningful progress by cutting through biases and default patterns of thinking for more creative, adaptive and productive action
- Social Practice: Mindful meals and relationships
1.30 SESSION 3: STRESS MASTERY – BOOSTING YOUR PERFORMANCE
- Mindfulness – the scientific benefits of mindfulness practices for ‘stress mastery’, resilience, rest, recovery, performance and productivity
- Practical, science-based techniques for bringing more mindfulness into our lives and workplace cultures
- Mindful Influence – key principles for influencing mindful teams and organisational cultures
- Psychological Practice: Mindfulness practices for work and life (highly practical suggestions for establishing healthy mindfulness routines)
3.00 Afternoon tea
3.30 SESSION 4: PRACTISE MAKES PROGRESS
- Einstein was right that “Nothing happens until something moves” – and we won’t make progress without practice. Learn to practice how to move beyond cognition to intention plus action.
- Building commitment and setting a great example to promote healthy minds – strategies for role modelling at work as a powerful ingredient for positive team and cultural change.
- Creating a Practical Plan. Integrating what we have learned, experienced and practiced into our lives now, and over time. Setting our intention, planning our practice, establishing a routine, evolving through progress
- Mind-Body Practice: Balancing energy and ease
4.30 Close of masterclass
The masterclass will be conducted using a combination of presentation material and group exercises; maximising your learning potential. Please note that the masterclass content will be tailored to participants’ individual needs so the length of each session may vary. Refreshments will be served at appropriate times, including morning and afternoon teas and lunch.