The Corporate PA Summit program is designed to deliver content that is cutting-edge, highly beneficial, easily transferable, empowering and inspirational. It’s designed specifically to help you fulfil your potential and be the best you can be.
Karl spent much of his time as the public face of the Western Australian police. The role would be considered by some to be high pressure and demanding, but Karl managed this role with grace, and was able to achieve so much during his 14 years as commissioner.
Karl has great first-hand experience of the importance of working with a supportive and professional team and knows the difference that a great Executive and EA/PA partnership can make. Here, he will share his stories, insights and practical advice on what makes this invaluable partnership really work:
- The important role Karl’s assistants have played and how vital they were to his role as WA Police Commissioner
- What an executive really needs from their EA/PA, and what makes an invaluable, stand-out EA/PA
- Where an EA/PA can really add value to their executive, and to the organisation as a whole
- Practical ways to forging good communication and positive engagement in this partnership
- Managing the Executive and EA/PA partnership in periods of change
- Karl’s take on the strategic value-add of the EA/PA , the transition of the modern EA/PA role, and how he sees the EA/PA career progressing and evolving
- Effective ways to manage your manager – a manager’s view!
EA CASE STUDY: Raising the profile of both the EA profession and your own role, through advocacy, networks and mutual respect
Nyssa Lambkin, Advanced Executive Assistant at Ernst & Young
As an EA you are hugely valuable to your organisation, but in order to reach your full potential, it’s important to advocate for the role of the EA, gain buy-in and ensure you are working as a team with equally engaged and aligned colleagues.
- Leveraging networks to become more effective in your role
- Providing guidance and support to others, whilst understanding what you need to progress your own role
- Boosting your effectiveness by working with equally engaged and aligned assistants toward the same objective
- How aligned teams and networks (virtual or otherwise) can create a new cohesion, and become excellent at all times
10:30 – MORNING COFFEE
Communication, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills are a necessity for modern EA. In your normal work day – where you will be required to write email, text, talk, listen, plan or simply think – you will spend the majority of your hours communicating. The good news is that these skills can be strengthened by becoming more mindful, and we can become more mindful with daily practice.
As an EA you need to approach communication in a holistic way, thoughtfully and with an open ear, and also view interactions and relationships through a wider lens. In this session, Kasia will help you understand and transform your current interactions and communication patterns by presenting you with the knowledge and tools to:
- Apply mindfulness for effective communication, and the relevance in doing so
- Recognise your own emotions and emotional reactions of others in any situation, in order to apply the right response
- Be present by responding rather than reacting in even the most stressful situations
- Choose mindful practices best suited improve your interactions with others
- Apply specific strategies to improve the way you communicate and to build rapport, trust and connection with stakeholders
HOW TO MAKE EVERY DAY A GREAT DAY AT WORK
Dr Jenny Brockis, Medical doctor, Brain health and mental performance expert, and bestselling author
Bringing your best self to work, achieving your goals and enjoying that quiet satisfaction of a job well done requires a high level of resilience, adaptability and focus. How you show up each morning determines your energy and outcomes and influences those around you.
Drawing on the findings of the neuroscience and positive psychology, Dr Jenny will share how you can create more great days at work, with more mental energy, a sense of wellbeing and greater psychological safety.
In this session Jenny reminds us we are human not machine, and reveals what really motivates us to do great work (PS it’s not just having access to great coffee and on-site daycare)
- The Three ‘P’s’ needed for higher performance and productivity
- Why smarter thinking requires your investment and permission
- How to work with your super-powers to maximise reward and minimise pain
- Making work work, so everyone can flourish
12:30 – LUNCH BREAK
When you hear Peter talk, it’s hard to believe that he has overcome a severe speech impediment, which resulted in him being mute for many years. Peter’s deeply personal experience of overcoming this communication barrier and becoming a motivational speaker is a testament to the power of adopting a courageous mindset.
Peter will share how he was able to overcome his self-limiting beliefs and the profound impact it has had on his life. You’ll also hear how a courageous mindset can help you to:
- Speak up when it matters and value your unique perspective
- Build the confidence to initiate difficult conversations with your manager and colleagues
- Use your strengths and passions to your advantage
- Develop the resilience and enthusiasm to keep going when times are tough
- Find creative solutions for day-to-day challenges
EA CASE STUDY: How to exceed the expectations of your executive and your colleagues on a daily basis
Asking why we want to exceed expectations is a personal question, but an important one. Understand how to exceed the expectations of your executive, take control of your success and master the art of staying one step ahead! A soon to be announced Senior EA will help you navigate the landscape of understanding your manager, to have the tools and ability to create a relationship based on deep insight and knowledge. They will also share insight on how to:
- Observe human behaviour and mastering the ability to adapt and be flexible
- Tackle the corporate environment and understand recognition, how to get it and why
- Learn the importance of looking inside yourself – can you do VS do you do?
- Elevate expectations through identifying opportunities where you can outperform
- Tactical tips for calendar management, email management, project management and consistency
14:45 – AFTERNOON TEA
15:15 SPONSOR PRIZE DRAW
PERFORM LIKE A WORLD-CLASS ATHLETE IN BUSINESS
Julie Meek, Thought leader, sports dietitian and performance coach
You may not be international artist, author, award-winning chef, prime minister or elite athlete, but as an Executive Assistant, in the many roles you play, you are expected to ‘perform’ at your peak from the moment you start your day. Your workload usually demands it.
In this thought-provoking presentation Julie Meek will share inspiring success secrets from international high performers. But it’s not just about inspiration. She will provide valuable tips that can be applied immediately in the quest for peak performance and productivity, and ultimately, success. Julie’s key take-homes will include:
- The top 5 strategies that can be applied immediately to maximise your potential, and support your whole self
- The magic formula that successful people use to get to the top and stay there
- The tools required to embrace the mindset of top performers
- How people at the top of their game influence others around them to perform at their peak and achieve success
- Inspiration that you can use to get to the top of your own game
Being career minded and ambitious doesn’t always mean looking for the next promotion. Nor does it have to mean working 24/7, prioritising work above all else. In a world which is constantly changing, you need to worker smarter, not harder, to be truly successful as a valued employee and individual.
In this session, Rabia will help you uncover what is holding you back from reaching your potential. Perhaps, you aren’t aware of exactly what that impediment to growth is? Whether it be a colleague, a fear, self limiting beliefs, a friend or past experiences, you need to identify and overcome these limitations to thrive in your career. You will uncover:
- The common elements of every hostage situation. Understand that a hostage situation is about power. Ultimately, in most situations, we have the power to free ourselves
- Naming your captor – Identify and confront what is holding you captive, the warning signs to watch out for to prevent it happening again
- How to identify your values, ethics and what drives you
- The courage to identify where the disconnects are in your life
- Four actions to commit to for lasting change