The Corporate PA Summit program is designed to deliver content that is cutting-edge, highly beneficial, easily transferable, empowering and inspirational. It’s designed specifically to help you fulfil your potential and be the best you can be.
We’ve secured some fantastic speakers in 2019, and you will find the full program below.
It’s time to stop playing small, to be good enough, and to take charge. Lisa is an expert in Self Leadership – How to lead yourself so that you can lead others. To lead a family, a company or a team you need to be at your very best.
In a world where we are constantly under pressure, pressure to perform, to achieve, to sell and to do more, having the confidence to be the most magnificent version of yourself is the secret. It feels great to look great, to feel congruent and to present your best self to the world. Learn how to be the best version of yourself, get inspired and level up!
As an Executive Assistant, you are in an enviable position. You hold and build relationships throughout your business, with colleagues and suppliers. Not only do you hold the confidence of your executive, but you have a clear understanding of the dynamics and of the inner workings of your department and companies. You are in a position to use your innate creativity, to propel your company, your executive and your career forward, and in Mykel’s presentation will show you how.
- Learn how to harness your innate creativity, and develop your own ability to improvise in the EA role
- Develop specific techniques to build creative confidence and develop an authentic confidence to be all of you, all of the time.
- Break free from traditional thinking and uncover vast new possibilities
- Expand your ability to deal with ambiguity and recover from setbacks
- Learn practical techniques to discover your differentiated edge
- Unlock the power of contrast, juxtaposition and paradox when describing yourself
- Learn to be transparent and vulnerable without losing yourself
- Develop ways to own, enjoy and leverage your quirk and individuality
10.45 – MORNING COFFEE BREAK
Asking why we want to exceed expectations is a personal question, but an important one. Understand how to exceed the expectations of your executive, take control of your success and master the art of staying one step ahead! Alexandra Curtis, a successful global EA, will help you navigate the landscape of understanding your manager, to have the tools and ability to create a relationship based on deep insight and knowledge. Alexandra will also share insight on how to:
- Observe human behaviour and mastering the ability to adapt and be flexible
- Tackle the corporate environment and understand recognition, how to get it and why
- Learn the importance of looking inside yourself – can you do VS do you do?
- Elevate expectations through identifying opportunities where you can outperform
- Tactical tips for calendar management, email management, project management and consistency
- Stay focused on your goals, not your obstacles!
Executive Assistants are not immune to the role changes that are being generated by the increased use of robotics and automation across workplaces globally. Role change for EA’s isn’t new, but what is new is the pace and breadth of the impact.
In a world of work which is constantly changing, you can’t rely on others to accelerate your career. Each person needs to be the leader of their career. Building a dynamic and progressive career isn’t about luck. It’s about the decisions that a person makes each and every day.
In this session, Michelle will share learnings from her executive career and the interviews she conducted as part of her second book – Career Leap: How to Reinvent and Liberate your Career, as well as insights into the changing nature of the working world. You will be:
- Challenged to think about how you currently manage your career, and whether it is holding you back or getting you fit for the future
- Introduced to the steps you can take to amplify your career success
- Encouraged to make deliberate choices to liberate and future proof your career
12.30 – LUNCH BREAK
Whether on a business, personal or community level, this inspirational address will bring you the essentials on how to find purpose and focus. Discover how you can find your purpose and bring meaning and positivity to your life – and realise your dreams.
Like many young people her age, Samantha Gash had a desire to challenge herself and to make a difference in the world. Ambitious, determined, naïve and stubborn Samantha couldn’t have imagined that her journey would take her to the four corners of the earth and impact so many lives. Samantha’s experience has made her an inspiring and energetic communicator with a unique ability to inspire people to push through their limitations.
This presentation will show you how can you link something you are passionate about for a purpose outside of yourself through a process of focus, leadership and collaboration:
- Learn Samantha’s methodology in being able to push her body and mind through some of the most extreme environments – and how you can apply this methodology to a challenge or a passion of your own
- How to develop motivation and create wins by following your passion with purpose
- Focusing on the bigger picture – identifying and remembering the purpose of your mission
- Retaining composure and resilience under stress – Samantha’s formulae for maintaining clear goals in extreme, and sometimes dangerous settings
Any endeavour requires applying the basics of a clear mission, a high-performing team, and mastery of self. Mark draws on his experience at the top levels of Special Operations and business to show you that the basics done well, are the foundations of mission success.
Mark grew up in the red dirt of West Australian mining towns in the Pilbara. After deciding he wanted to join the SAS in high school, Mark embarked on a career in the Australian military that would eventually lead him to the battlefields of Afghanistan. As a Troop Commander in charge of 30 elite soldiers, Mark’s role was to lead combat missions against senior enemy commanders, deep behind enemy lines. Through this unique and harsh environment, Mark developed his skills in leadership, teamwork and high performance.
Mark will show you how you can ace every mission at work using military values proven by 2,000 years of history. Mark discusses the importance of rest, nutrition, exercise and growth for maintaining your foundation as an individual reaching their full potential every day.
3.00 AFTERNOON TEA
Directors and senior executives, including those in the C-level, are frequently top targets for cyber criminals. This means executive and personal assistants are often the first line of defence against attacks aimed at gaining entry into an organisation’s network via those in a position of leadership and seniority.
All it takes is one click on a seemingly innocent link in an email for the entire company to be hit by malicious software that can make its way throughout the organisation’s computer network, wreaking havoc.
But you don’t have to become a victim of cyber crime, nor does your company. With the right training, programs and processes in place, you can help to protect yourself and your organisation against cyber threats.
Cyber attacks, and the data breaches that often result from them, can have a huge impact on organisations, including loss of revenue, loss of customers and heavy fines. Fortunately, some of the most effective ways to keep sensitive information secure from cyber threats are among the simplest.
With more than a decade helping Australia’s largest organisations identify cyber threats and strengthen their cyber security posture, Tim Dillon will provide some essential tips and advice about what enterprises and their people can do to reduce the risk and keep the company safe. He will also explain some of the best ways you can protect your company against threats and help prevent accidental data breaches from occurring
4.00 SPONSOR PRIZE DRAWS
You cannot run away from who you are or how you’ve been shaped by your experiences, so the ability to face adversity head-on, and remain resilient in the face of challenges, hardships and grief can mean the difference between succumbing to their pressures, and getting through troubled times and living life to the fullest.
Monica Lewinsky is a social activist, a global public speaker, a contributing editor to Vanity Fair and a consultant. She advocates for a safer social media environment and addresses such topics as digital resilience and reputation, privacy, cultivating compassion, overcoming shame and equality. Monica’s lens for these societal issues is focused by her myriad unique and profound experiences: working in government – both in the White House and the Pentagon; the investigation that resulted from her time in Washington, D.C.; involvement in media projects as both producer and subject; as an entrepreneur and designer; and lastly, education.
Monica will be sharing with us many of the challenges she’s faced, and the lessons she has learnt through her unique and profound experiences:
- Staying in control when you’re faced with multiple challenges
- Being the best you can be, whatever the world throws at you
- Facing challenges head-on, and flip the coin to your advantage
- Culturing compassion in a challenging world
- Overcoming adversity – dealing with and learning from traumatic experiences
- Workplace bullying – examining the options open to management, bystanders and to those who are bullied or accused of bullying