The pre- and post-summit masterclass programs are designed to give you the tools you need to succeed in your role, maximise your career opportunities and make the most of every interaction.
Monday 13 May 2019
FUTURE PROOF YOUR CAREER
How to remain relevant in an artificial world
with Blythe Rowe
Wednesday 15 May 2019
THE EA BUSINESS TOOLKIT 2019
Leadership, Impact and Influence
with Kasia Orlowska-Meinen
Welcome to ‘Future Proof Your Career’
Led by: Kasia Orlowska-Meinen
This full-day masterclass will be held on Monday 13 May 2019
ABOUT YOUR MASTERCLASS
This one day masterclass is designed to give you a glimpse into the workplace of the future. The latest trends in people, technology and the skills needed to remain relevant to not only survive, but thrive.
The workshop will also focus on building your “personal leadership” which will be critical for EAs and PAs to stay ahead of the change curve, continue to add tremendous value and help you put steps in place today, to future proof your career for tomorrow.
Bonus tip: the workshop will also give you some tips on how you can help your boss stay healthy and relevant too!
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR, KASIA ORLOWSKA-MEINEN
Kasia Orlowska-Meinen is a founder of Kasia OM a multifaceted consultancy delivering corporate and professional development, personal growth and connections via women’s network.
Kasia has delivered high quality leadership development training and executive coaching programs to private and public sector clients in Australia and internationally since 2009. As part of her ‘Connect’ platform, Kasia provides events and workshops, training and coaching programs for women, who through connections, growth and achievement of their most aspiring goals, positively influence their lives and those around them. Members have the option to undertake online training programs including: Mindfulness and Emotional Fitness Program as well as the opportunity to join a Mastermind Group program.
Kasia has worked with leaders and organisations in helping them develop their cultures and desired behaviours by bringing required change: clarity, purpose and alternative perspectives and creating values and vision alignment.
Kasia is a great believer in the power of self-awareness, mindfulness and overall emotional intelligence as the fundamental building blocks of the most effective leadership and communication. In 2015 Kasia was interviewed by ABC TV for their Australia Wide national broadcast to talk about the benefits of teaching mindfulness and meditation in a corporate environment for leadership and professional effectiveness.
Kasia Orlowska-Meinen is a graduate of Coaches Training Institute in London, holds a Neuro-Semantics and NLP Practitioner Certificate, a Bachelor of Education and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) and is an accredited coach of 360 Leadership Profiles.
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION 1: Future of Work & Future Role of the Assistant
This opening session will be taking a quick trip “into the future” to explore the trends and how this will impact your role and the skills you will need to be successful.
- Overview of the five significant revolutions that have shaped our world and the next revolution rapidly changing the way we work
- Analysing the current workplace trends, including the impact of AI and automation
- The changing role of the EA/PA and the potential jobs of the future
- Exploring the three key skills necessary to future proof your career
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION 2: Thriving through change
We live and operate in a VUCA world. A workplace that is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous. As such, change fatigue is a common issue facing many individuals and they often experience stress and anxiety because of this change. This session explores this concept and helps participants understand why they may feel and behave they way they do in times of change and tips to navigate it.
- Why Change Management is not the answer
- How our brain is wired and responds in times of change
- Where you play most & how this could be holding you back
- Understanding your own reaction to change and ‘threat’ triggers
- How you can lead the dance with change and uncertainty
After lunch the masterclass focuses on skill-building to develop your personal leadership skills, which will be vital for your success professionally and personally.
1.30 SESSION 3: Skill Building: Performance & Collaboration
When we take care of our brain and body, we are better positioned to manage our emotions and remain calm in stressful situations. We are able to provide more solutions and make better decisions. All critical if we want to future proof our career. Further, in an artificial workplace, our ability to make meaningful, human connections in order to collaborate effectively will be essential. In this session, we will explore:
- Why performance is more than just about KPIs and workplace outcomes.
- How to take care of your biological system, to improve your performance, both at work and in life.
- Collaboration essentials: the keys to successfully influence and inspire others.
- Tweak your Speak: effective, inspirational & assertive communication
- Connection Calibrator: Find, build & nurture your support team
3.00 Afternoon tea
3.30 SESSION 4: Skill Building: Innovation & Agility
This final session will explore how we can all learn to think creatively, looking for better, faster, smarter ways of doing things. It will also give tips to influence your boss to be able to think differently. Now that’s a game changer. Finally, it will uncover how to build your resilience and agility to stay ahead of the curve.
- Understand how our brain functions when we have a creative insight to demonstrate how anyone can access creative thinking.
- Implement ways for you and your boss to be able to “think differently” to add more value and evolve your skill set (and potentially role).
- Tips to build your resilience and agility.
- The difference between a growth and fixed mindset.
- Finally, self reflection: why you are more resourceful than probably think.
4.30 Close of masterclass
The masterclass will be conducted using a combination of presentation material and group exercises; maximising your learning potential. Please note that the masterclass content will be tailored to participants’ individual needs so the length of each session may vary. Refreshments will be served at appropriate times, including morning and afternoon teas and lunch.
Welcome to ‘The EA Business Toolkit 2019: Leadership, Impact and Influence’
Led by: Zoe Mitchell
This full-day masterclass will be held on Wednesday 15 May 2019
ABOUT YOUR MASTERCLASS
This is a day packed full of Executive Assistant essential skills – identify your leadership style and learn how to capitalise on your strengths, develop your relationship building skills to grow your professional network, shape your workplace presence for greater impact and influence and build strategies to better manage your work life balance to enable you to perform at your best.
Designed to give EAs a series of fundamental skills that can be easily applied and immediately implemented in the workplace, this masterclass
is a must for all EAs who are looking to take their career to the next level.
The role of the Executive Assistant has evolved enormously over the past decade. With this change has come a broader range of responsibilities and an increased need for more sophisticated leadership, communication and networking skills than ever before. While the expectations of the Executive Assistant role have expanded many Executive Assistants are not provided with the training needed to meet these new demands. This masterclass addresses the critical skills required to be successful as an executive assistant today.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR, ZOE MITCHELL
Zoe Mitchell is well known for her professional, engaging and highly effective training courses. Specialising in the professional development needs of the busy executive PA, Zoe knows what it takes to become the best in the business, and has a strong understanding of the everyday challenges and support you require to perform your roles effectively. Her workshops specifically focus on leadership, communication skills, negotiation, conflict resolution, time management and people management.
Zoe has trained thousands of senior EAs in leadership skills, communication skills, negotiation skills and management skills with ThinkTank Media. Her masterclasses are held in extremely high regard and always sell out, with delegate feedback never being less than excellent.
Zoe has worked with a range of industries including Financial Services, IT&T, Consumer and the Health sector. Coca-Cola Amatil, Rothschild, Hutchison, Caltex, AVJennings, Westpac and Fuji Xerox are just a selection of organisations where Zoe has added value across all levels of the business.
Zoe has a wealth of experience in designing and delivering experiential training programs and learning centres. Her expertise is in the areas of effective communication, leadership and coaching, and has seen her programs shift individuals, team and organisational change.
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION ONE: Leadership and the Executive Assistant
Leadership can mean different things in different situations, but in today’s office environments, those leadership skills learnt by CEOs can be equally relevant for EAs. This session looks at the leadership traits that will be of most help to you in your business, and how they can be applied in a practical sense when you return to the office
- The relevance of leadership to the role of Executive Assistant
- Identifying personal leadership styles
- Building your leadership potential
- Learn how to capitalize on leadership style strengths
- Discover how to adapt your personal leadership style to better influence others
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION TWO: Grow your professional network
This session will focus on nurturing and maintaining your professional relationships and leveraging your network to help you make positive changes at work and at home. Introvert or extrovert – this session will show you how to build your network, your way
- Why networking is important especially in the role of Executive Assistant
- Understand what effective networking is and is not
- Improve your relationship building skills
- Gain tools and techniques to grow your professional connections
- Be ready to make connections at any time
1.30 SESSION THREE: Creating Impact and Influence
This session will focus on building your personal brand and communication style – recognize how you come across to others, and how you would like to come across in order to influence positively, whilst gaining recognition and respect from your colleagues
- Learn how to create a great first impression
- Increase your leadership presence
- Build your self confidence
- Turn negative self talk around
- Actively manage the perception others have of you
3.00 Afternoon tea break
15.30 SESSION FOUR: The work/life balance continuum
There is immense pressure in work and life these days. People are stressing, rushing and juggling in a wild attempt to prioritize their overcommitted schedules and get everything done. If you are struggling to sustain high levels of performance and wellbeing at the same time, this session is for you!
- Understand stress and its link to peak performance
- Learn strategies to boost your resilience
- Identify when you are tipping into and out of balance
- Develop techniques to keep you in balance
- Conduct a work/life balance audit
4.30 Close of masterclass
The masterclass will be conducted using a combination of presentation material and group exercises; maximizing your learning potential. Please note that the masterclass content will be tailored to participants’ individual needs so the length of each session may vary. Refreshments will be served at appropriate times, including morning and afternoon teas and lunch.