The Corporate PA Summit program is designed to deliver content that is cutting-edge, highly beneficial, easily transferable, empowering and inspirational. It’s designed specifically to help you fulfil your potential and be the best you can be.
The full program can be found below:
In today’s rapidly evolving workplace, there’s no such thing as ‘business as usual’. More likely, you’re at the mercy of unprecedented rates of change, disruptions and advancements from Monday to Friday. While this level of change can be overwhelming, it can present opportunities to those who remain open to them.
In fact, the ability to adapt and thrive amidst uncertainty has become increasingly important in the current era of business. Globally recognised fashion designer and entrepreneur Karen Walker knows this fact well, having embraced the ebbs and flows of the fashion and retail industries throughout her career.
Over the past 30 years, Karen Walker has made a point of constantly redefining and reinventing herself and her eponymous eyewear brand. During her keynote presentation, she will discuss how taking the lead in times of change and always looking to the future has contributed to her success. Through hearing Karen Walker’s story, you will be inspired to:
- Lead with innovative ideas and a unique point of view
- Embrace the journey of continuous learning
- Adopt an adaptive mindset, knowing that readiness comes from action, not waiting for the perfect moment
- Take risks and be brave in the face of change
We know that our thoughts become our actions and, in turn, our actions become our habits. Whether it is going to bed late, drinking too many coffees, or procrastinating important tasks, our habits can have an immense impact on our health, relationships and productivity.
However, as you may have experienced, it can be incredibly challenging to change or break old habits. So how can we harness the power of our brains to finally get on top of those habits that are holding us back?
Dr Gina Cleo is one of Australia’s leading experts in habit change and wellbeing and will be sharing her knowledge to help us better understand the basis of our deeply ingrained routines, practices and addictions. She will discuss how habits are formed and how small, consistent steps can help to shape our habits positively.
This highly empowering session will give you the tools you need to:
- Evaluate whether your habits are working for you or hindering your success
- Embrace change and become more adaptable
- Increase your efficiency and as a result, your fulfilment
- Achieve your goals in a sustainable way
10:45 – MORNING COFFEE
SCALING NEW HEIGHTS IN YOUR EA CAREER
This session focuses on empowering you to proactively navigate your career paths, develop essential skills, and seize opportunities for career progression. You will gain insights into career planning, building a strong professional network, and leveraging your unique strengths to propel your career forward, including:
- How to lead development and goal setting conversations with your executive to ensure you don’t plateau
- Bridging the gap between what executives are looking for but aren’t necessarily able to articulate
- Tools to visualise your career progression and identify steps for advancement
- Cultivating a growth mindset allowing you to easily adapt to new challenges and evolving expectations in the workplace
- Negotiating advancement opportunities, promotions, and salary increases
This session will help you gain insights into the evolving landscape of technology, learn about the impact of AI on the role of the executive assistant, and discover strategies for successfully leveraging the changing digital landscape:
- Understanding the power of AI to boost your productivity and simplify your life
- Having a possibility thinker mindset for embracing and leveraging technology
- Learning strategies for continuous learning and professional development to stay ahead of technological advancements
- Navigating the future with confidence and embracing the possibilities
- Understanding some of the ethical considerations and challenges with AI and other emerging technology
12:30 – LUNCH BREAK
James is well-known for undertaking two of the greatest adventures in history, both of which were world-first expeditions. Most recently he made history by completing the longest unsupported polar expedition of all time, alongside his best mate, Jonesy. In 100 years of polar exploration no-one had EVER walked from the edge of Antarctica to the South Pole and back without assistance.
Four years earlier they Crossed the Ditch – paddling 3318km without assistance across the Tasman Sea for another world first. They braved 10 metre swells, howling winds, endured severe food and sleep deprivation and adverse winds and currents.
James’ highly motivating, story-based presentation will share many of the lessons learned through two of the greatest feats of adventuring in history, including:
- The importance of effective collaboration as the most important element of success
- Creating a tribe that is aligned and working together, that supports each other
- Putting planning front and centre to ensure success
- Developing the right mindset for the challenge ahead
Age can often become a point of contention in the workplace, with individuals – often women – either feeling too young or too old to excel in their careers. However, the idea that age is a barrier to success is fundamentally flawed. Age should not dictate your ability to thrive professionally.
One example of this is renowned advocate, entrepreneur and Gen Z expert, Alexia Hilbertidou, who was raised in challenging circumstances and defied odds by founding GirlBoss NZ at just 16 years old. GirlBoss has since become a pivotal force in closing the gender gap in STEM fields in New Zealand and empowering young women to reach their full potential, proving that age should not discount you from achieving your professional goals.
During her presentation, Alexia will share her insights on how you can harness your individual strengths, skills and values to drive innovation and progress in your career, regardless of your background, age or experience. You will be equipped with actionable strategies to find your inner confidence, resilience and determination so you can overcome any obstacle.
Alexia will empower you to:
- Fully embrace your potential
- Overcome feelings of inadequacy, uncertainty and imposter syndrome when stepping outside your comfort zone
- Transcend age barriers to connect with your colleagues and clients
- Turn your obstacles into opportunities and find your seat at the table
- Champion equality within your workplace and become a role model for future generations
15:00 – AFTERNOON BREAK
With more information at our fingertips than ever before, it’s no wonder we’re confused about where to place our time and energy to build a life and career that lights us up and gives us a sense of fulfillment. It can leave you feeling stuck in your role, overwhelmed by the juggle or lacking a sense of enthusiasm about the life you’ve created.
Health journalist and author, Casey Beros, has spent years interviewing the experts and has a unique ability to bridge the gap between ‘knowing’ and ‘doing’ when it comes to health, personal and professional development. Casey loves nothing more than helping people live better lives, drawing on her experiences and insights grounded in evidence-based expert opinion.
In this highly interactive session, Casey will be sharing the steps you can take to live a happier, healthier life (and kick some career goals along the way). Together, you will work through the many facets of your life in real time, to empower you to build more of the good stuff IN and edit what isn’t working OUT. You will leave this final session of the day with:
- An audit of your life and career to help you take action
- A greater understanding of success – how you define it, the meaning you attach to it and how you GET it
- The 10 rules for living that science backs time and time again so you know where to place your efforts
16:30 – SPONSOR PRIZE DRAWS
16:40 – CLOSING REMARKS FROM THE CHAIR, FOLLOWED BY NETWORKING DRINKS
An absolutely inspiring day that has provided me with valuable tools to use on a daily basis. Great insightful presentations delivered with passion. Very grateful to have participated in this conference.