The pre-summit and post-summit masterclass programs are designed to give you the tools you need to succeed in your role, maximize your career opportunities and make the most of every interaction.
Welcome to ‘MAKING YOUR BEST EVEN BETTER’
Led by: Jason Womack
This full-day masterclass will be held on Monday September 23, 2019
In an increasingly technology-driven world, full of time-saving devices, apps and shortcuts, we find ourselves busier and more overwhelmed than ever.
This masterclass is designed for the modern Executive Assistant who wants to be at the forefront of the modern era, armed with strategies and skills to thrive, by focusing on what is important, setting priorities and carving out efficiencies.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR – JASON WOMACK
Jason Womack is an internationally sought after speaker, best-selling author, performance expert and Fortune 500 advisor who serves as an agent of change.
Known for his ability to think 18-36 months ahead (and more, if the client organization is willing), he is an advisor and consultant to companies and governments on productivity, business performance, and managing through rapid change.
Jason Womack offers strategic mindset with the benefit of practical, tactical actions that you can put into practice immediately. The core message of Jason’s books and presentations is the best keep getting better. Continuing to improve your best efforts leads to personal and professional success.
Jason Womack was named one of “America’s Top 100 Thinkers in Productivity.” His books, Get Momentum and Your Best Just Got Better achieved best-selling status within five weeks of publication. Your Best Just Got Better, published by Wiley in 2012, has sold more than 25,000 copies. Jason has authored hundreds of leadership articles for Entrepreneur.com, Training magazine, Fast Company, and many more publications.
Jason has spoken for companies in 23 different countries and has spent time lecturing for universities on two continents while developing and presenting corporate learning curriculum.
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION 1: Setting goals and managing priorities
With so much to do, more than ever the important thing becomes deciding what NOT to do. This session will focus on how you can identify and separate the good, versus the great work you can be doing, and priorize like never before.
- Managing energy and focus, not time and calendars
- Understanding the direction of your organization and how it relates to your role
- Discover how to make great days at work the norm
- Find out what it takes to work smarter not harder
- Boost your energy and overall level of happiness
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION 2: Mastering your performance at work
Knowing how your brain works is fundamental to knowing how to train it to function at its best capacity, helping you to deal efficiently and effectively with multitasking, overseeing and completing your projects and helping you to communicate more positively with others to drive them into action:
- Why your brain is magic
- The two things your brain desires the most
- How to identify your attention modifiers
- Living with a Goldilocks brain
- Focus, learning and memory – how to remember better
1.30 SESSION 3: Focus and Time Management
Are you trying to manage the most finite resource we have: time? Like many of your colleagues, you may be ending each day feeling like you’re not getting enough done. This session will focus less on time itself, and more on our ability to manage our mental focus, to make the most of that time.
- Understanding the natural working of the mind and how it seeks to understand and identify discrepancy and “unfinished-business”
- Setting yourself up at the beginning, middle and end of each day to focus on the most important things
- Get the tasks and projects done that will make the biggest difference to you and your organization
- Fine-tune your attention to really be the most efficient you can with the time you have
3.00 Afternoon tea
3.30 SESSION 4: How to Get More Done in Less Time
The final session of the day will be full of practical hints and tips which you can implement into your day immediately. You’ll significantly enhance your productivity and enjoyment of your business tools with techniques to get your work done, faster.
- Avoiding wasting time with technology and making it work for you
- Developing a willingness to ask the question, “Is there a better, easier, faster way to do what I’m doing?”
- Regain 15-45 minutes a day by implementing easy-to-learn, high-impact techniques
- Become the superstar of your organization when you bring back to the office easy, how-to computer and technology tips that free up time and save your company a fortune!
4.30 Close of masterclass
Welcome to ‘FUTURE PROOF YOUR CAREER’
Led by: Blythe Rowe
This full-day masterclass will be held on Wednesday September 25, 2019
This one-day masterclass is designed to give you a glimpse into the workplace of the future. The latest trends in people, technology and the skills needed to remain relevant to not only survive but thrive.
The workshop will also focus on building your ‘personal leadership’. which will be critical for EAs and PAs to stay ahead of the change curve, continue to add tremendous value and help you put steps in place today, to future proof your career for tomorrow.
Bonus tip: the workshop will also give you some tips on how you can help your boss stay healthy and relevant too!
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR, BLYTHE ROWE
Blythe Rowe, often described as a ‘little pocket rocket’ is widely recognized for her expertize in ‘People, Culture & Performance’ as well as her ability to shake things up.
She partners with organisations across the globe in their quest to future proof their people and business by developing brain-friendly leaders, building connected and accountable teams and creating workplaces which optimize performance.
Blythe has worked in Senior Human Resources & Organisational Development roles for over 13 years in global organisations and is the author of the book ‘Bullies, Blamers & Bludgers’. She is on a mission to rid workplaces of toxic behaviours, build meaningful relationships and create workplaces worth belonging!
She is the creator of the ‘Business Connection Model’, the five key things organisations must do in order to connect the hearts and minds of their people.
Blythe is as authentic as it gets. Audiences absolutely love her energy, passion and fun that she brings to their event as well as the simple and pragmatic strategies that they can apply!
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
9.00 SESSION 1: Future of Work & Future Role of the Assistant
This opening session will be taking a quick trip “into the future” to explore the trends and how this will impact your role and the skills you will need to be successful.
- Overview of the five significant revolutions that have shaped our world and the next revolution rapidly changing the way we work
- Analysing the current workplace trends, including the impact of AI and automation
- The changing role of the EA/PA and the potential jobs of the future
- Exploring the three key skills necessary to future proof your career
10.30 Morning coffee
11.00 SESSION 2: Thriving through change
We live and operate in a VUCA world. A workplace that is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous. As such, change fatigue is a common issue facing many individuals and they often experience stress and anxiety because of this change. This session explores this concept and helps participants understand why they may feel and behave they way they do in times of change and tips to navigate it.
- Why Change Management is not the answer
- How our brain is wired and responds in times of change
- Where you play most & how this could be holding you back
- Understanding your own reaction to change and ‘threat’ triggers
- How you can lead the dance with change and uncertainty
After lunch the masterclass focuses on skill-building to develop your personal leadership skills, which will be vital for your success professionally and personally.
1.30 SESSION 3: Skill Building: Performance & Collaboration
When we take care of our brain and body, we are better positioned to manage our emotions and remain calm in stressful situations. We are able to provide more solutions and make better decisions. All critical if we want to future proof our career. Further, in an artificial workplace, our ability to make meaningful, human connections in order to collaborate effectively will be essential. In this session, we will explore:
- Why performance is more than just about KPIs and workplace outcomes
- How to take care of your biological system, to improve your performance, both at work and in life
- Collaboration essentials: the keys to successfully influence and inspire others
- Tweak your Speak: effective, inspirational & assertive communication
- Connection Calibrator: Find, build & nurture your support team
3.00 Afternoon tea
3.30 SESSION 4: Skill Building: Innovation & Agility
This final session will explore how we can all learn to think creatively, looking for better, faster, smarter ways of doing things. It will also give tips to influence your boss to be able to think differently. Now that’s a game changer. Finally, it will uncover how to build your resilience and agility to stay ahead of the curve.
- Understand how our brain functions when we have a creative insight to demonstrate how anyone can access creative thinking
- Implement ways for you and your boss to be able to “think differently” to add more value and evolve your skill set (and potentially role)
- Tips to build your resilience and agility
- The difference between a growth and fixed mindset
- Finally, self reflection: why you are more resourceful than probably think
4.30 Close of masterclass
Zoe Mitchell is a wonderful presenter – so very personable, articulate, intelligent, professional and well-presented. Please convey my thanks to Zoe for the best workshop I have ever attended
I just wanted to thank you for organising this masterclass. It was excellent. Having attended a few of these in the past, I really appreciated Zoe’s professional and sensitive approach. I thought it was terrific
It was fantastic to have the opportunity to openly discuss the course content with others that may be in a similar position
Zoe was fantastic – a great facilitator who demonstrated excellent knowledge and perception