The Corporate PA Summit program is designed to deliver content that is cutting-edge, highly beneficial, easily transferable, empowering and inspirational. It’s designed specifically to help you fulfil your potential and be the best you can be.
The summit is being broadcast live using our advanced, bespoke virtual platform, guaranteeing a highly immersive experience, and great networking opportunities.
One person can make a difference – That person can be you! Join our opening keynote Ronni Kahn AO, social entrepreneur and passionate and authentic leader as she inspires and motivates us all to be brave, authentic and courageous. Ronni’s message is a very powerful, personal and inspirational one, showing us how any one person can:
- Overcome imposter syndrome and learn to trust yourself
- Make the best of every situation that life throws at you, even the unexpected ones
- Unlock your hidden purpose at the core of your inner life
- Own your innate leadership qualities to support yourself and others
- Build your confidence and embrace your inner strength and resolve
The relationship between wellbeing and performance is clear and undeniable. People perform better when they are well.
When wellbeing drops, so too does performance. It’s also true that work affects life, and vice versa. Putting this puzzle together we can recognise that wellbeing and performance as well as work and life are all interdependent. What affects one, affects the others.
In this session Dr Adrian Medhurst will help us focus on the science-based principles and practices that everyone can learn and start applying to their work and life for a strong year in 2021.
- Fluid or fixed – Explaining the science and data showing predictable dynamics of wellbeing and performance in work and life
- Work-Life Agility – A future-focused capability upgrade to the unmet promise of work-life balance
- Practice makes progress – Practical steps to improve the awareness, decisions, and actions that strengthen and sustain work-life agility over time
10:45 – MORNING COFFEE
As a PA, there are times where you can become the most powerful person in the room. This referent and at times, legitimate power must be handled with care. Less enlightened PAs can unwittingly abuse such power to reward some and subtly punish others. The Strategic PA leverages such moments to gain critical knowledge, reaffirm their integrity and advance their value to their organisation.
John Hale is The Strategy Guy and the author of three popular books on strategy. In this entertaining and insightful presentation, John will share lessons learned from his thirty years as a strategy consultant, working closely with executive teams and assistants across multiple industries. John will discuss the roles power, strategic thinking and ethics play in becoming a Strategic PA.
- Learn how to best support the strategic efforts of your organisation.
- Understand the fundamental ethical principles needed for an EA role and beyond.
- Plot your career goals on your very own life-event timeline.
Successful Executive Assistants create powerful partnerships with their executives while also nurturing all relationships within the business. In an ideal world, you support and you are supported. In this session, Joanne will share what has made her an invaluable support to those she works with at the ABC by
- Using your skills and agility to embrace change as an EA to support your executive
- Asking for help and owning any mistakes or oversights
- How to embrace mentoring and your networks, either as the mentor for other EA’s, or as the mentee
12:30 LUNCH BREAK
Rachael is a proven leader: having successfully led in the world’s toughest workplace – Antarctica. She is recognised internationally for her thought-leadership on what great leadership actually looks like. Rachael’s story is one of an ordinary person doing extraordinary things. She has a unique ability to connect with all kinds of people and inspire with her story to help them to make the most of their lives. Rachael’s presentation will focus on what it takes to become a leader within your organisation, even without the leadership job title. In this session, you’ll learn about:
- Having the courage to become a key influencer and how to influence positive morale
- Key tips to fostering a great team culture and making a real difference across the business
- Build respect and look after yourself with open communication and No Triangles
- Engaging support from your manager and across the business for your leadership initiatives
- Why it’s better to regret what you did, than regret what you didn’t do
We live, work and operate in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world. As such, change fatigue is a common issue facing many individuals and they often experience stress and anxiety because of this change. This session, with human performance expert, Blythe Rowe, will explore this concept and help you create strategies and tools to build resourcefulness, accountability and resilience to thrive through change.
In this session, Blythe will also recap some of the key messages delivered in the summit so far, and help you put them into the context of your own workplace and personal situation.
14:45 AFTERNOON TEA
Due to unprecedented changes happening over the last 18 months, many of us feel like our priorities are constantly evolving and urgent requests are dominating over important business goals. What does this mean for your executive partnership, and how can you keep a long-term focus when the present demands your attention? We will be joined by the powerful combination of Executive Assistant Janice Parker and her Chief Executive Marcus Swanepoel of Luno as they answer your questions and discuss how they:
- Assess priorities to incorporate key objectives rather than just immediate issues
- Focus on the fundamentals of business and team culture, and diversity and inclusion
- Support the company mental wellbeing in high-pressure situations
As an EA, tomorrow’s competitive advantage is all in your mind! The metric for high performance is now mental agility and the ability to change the way we think. EA’s need the ability to think, un-think, re-think and most critically out-think the challenges we find ourselves and our workplaces facing! Brain training may have increased our processor speed, but now we also need to update our cognitive and change coping software.
In this exciting and thought provoking presentation, we will explore how we drive more creative problem solving, success by design and advance innovation on purpose – deliberately, consistently and congruently. Full of tips, tools and new ways to approach and solve problems, Kieran reminds us all that, “If we think the same as we always have we’ll get the same ideas we’ve always gotten.” She will show you how to
- Increase your ability to change the game by changing your frame of reference
- Gain skills that encourage creative & critical thinking
- Develop a mindset that helps you think on your feet and be more proactive and solution-focused
- Learn tools that help you bring better ideas to the table