The post-summit masterclass program is designed to maximise your summit experience. You will cover topics in much greater depth – enabling you to share your challenges, create action plans and ensure the highest possible ROI from your wellbeing program.
Wednesday 23 June
Thrive with change, uncertainty and stress: Creating a response-able culture
with Alison Earl
Welcome to ‘Thrive with change, uncertainty and stress’ masterclass
Creating a response-able culture
Led by: Alison Earl
This full-day masterclass will be held on Wednesday 23 June 2021.
ABOUT YOUR MASTERCLASS
Workplaces are faced with record levels of stress and burnout but the stress of change and uncertainty will not pass. It is the new normal! Covid-19, and other external factors, will continue to challenge our people. This masterclass is divided into two critical components. PART ONE highlights how companies need to support their people through change and uncertainty and provides a roadmap for how. PART TWO shifts into the leadership mindset required to succeed and unpacks how to equip leaders with the essential skills to support a thriving culture.
ABOUT YOUR FACILITATOR, ALISON EARL
Alison Earl is a mindset and resilience expert and works with people and companies around the globe to take control of their own experience of stress, change and uncertainty as an international speaker, trainer, strategist and Positive Psychology practitioner. She has lived in Sydney, London, and New York, where she helped build new business from the ground up and worked with people and companies in over 20 countries.
Alison has been guest lecturing in behavioural economics at the Harvard School of Public Health for the last 6 years and leads a think tank, which is dedicated to solving the most complex problems in behaviour change – bringing together leading academic and commercial minds – in collaboration with Harvard. Recent attendees include the Global President of Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, the CMO of the Olympics, CFO of Comcast in addition to senior executives from Facebook and start-ups founders who are revolutionising education and empowerment.
Her latest book Tripowerment: The why, the will and the way of breakthrough change highlights the three essential ingredients that separate those who thrive, from those who don’t.
8.30 Registration and welcome coffee
PART ONE: THRIVING PEOPLE
Empowering people to thrive with the stress of change and uncertainty, and not just survive it.
9.00 SESSION ONE: ROADMAP FROM THRIVING TO SURVIVING
In this first session we will better understand the impact of uncertainty and stress on wellbeing and behaviour and introduce the Mindset Map.
Key topics include:
- The science of stress and uncertainty
- Why stress mindset matters more than stress management
- Understand the 5 mindset levels from surviving to thriving
- Recognise signals and triggers for each level
- Moving from victim, helpless or controlling to RESPONSE-ABLE
10.30 Morning tea
11.00 SESSION TWO: RESPONSE-ABLE STRESS MANAGEMENT
The second session takes the Mindset Map to the next level by diving into highly practical, scientifically proven strategies to improve the experience of stress.
- Gain a new approach to stress management when stress reduction is not an option
- How to change the physiological response from harmful to helpful to drive optimal performance and wellbeing
- Gain resilience-boosting, scientifically proven tools to rebound quickly from high stress experiences
- Discover the main reasons why workplace resilience training does not work and practical tips to overcome them
PART TWO: FROM MANAGEMENT TO BETTERMENT
Unpack the leadership mindset to thrive with stress, change and uncertainty. It’s a missed opportunity to just “get through” tough times. We have unprecedented opportunity to rethink the way we work and come out even stronger. This afternoon session helps breakdown the three critical aspects of a betterment mindset.
13.30 SESSION THREE: RESPONSIBLE MINDSET (HOW I SHOW UP AT WORK)
The best solutions in the world WILL NOT WORK if it is not embraced. We need to be responsible for our experience.
- Understand the importance of developing healthier beliefs about stress
- A framework for diagnosing responsible vs. dysfunctional mindsets and cultures
- Discover how to increase perception of control (from reactive to responsive)
- Gain tools for taking ownership for personal experience
15.00 Afternoon tea
15.30 SESSION FOUR: WIN-WIN MINDSET (HOW I WORK WITH OTHERS)
A Win-Win mindset helps us find new and better solutions to common challenges and helps us future proof our strategies as win-win solutions are more likely to be embraces and enduring.
- Proven strategies to build trust and empathy, quickly
- Practical tools to transform conflict into connection
- Shift from competition to contribution
- Gain a repeatable five-step process for getting to alignment faster
SESSION FIVE: OPPORTUNITY MINDSET (HOW I APPROACH CHALLENGES)
- Learn how to reframe obstacles into opportunities
- Cultivate question thinking skills that generate new possibility
- Discover importance of adaptability and how to recognise attachment
- Practice opportunity-based goal setting
17.00 Close of masterclass
The masterclass will be conducted using a combination of presentation material and group exercises; maximising your learning potential. Please note that the masterclass content will be tailored to participants’ individual needs so the length of each session may vary. Refreshments will be served at appropriate times, including morning and afternoon teas and lunch.