There has never been a more critical time to prioritise the mental health of your employees. With mental health challenges becoming increasing prevalent due the inherent stressors of recent times, organisations are being faced with a workforce that is fatigued, stretched and frankly, burnt out.
Over and above your responsibilities to your employees, supporting their mental health can have significant impacts on their productivity, performance and job satisfaction, as well as reduce absenteeism, presenteeism and employee attrition.
Many organisations have the fundamentals in place and understand the importance of raising awareness of mental health and providing support and resources to individuals who are identified as experiencing challenges. However, this reactive approach often falls short of what is needed to create a flourishing, mentally healthy workplace.
This presentation will allow you to reflect on your organisation’s current approach and initiatives, and identify opportunities to provide more robust, proactive and tailored support for your employees. It will explore how you can address mental health at the source and provide a safe and supportive environment for your team to thrive through:
- Embedding mental health and wellbeing into your organisational values and culture
- Collecting and using data to guide your efforts and detect emerging challenges
- Creating a framework for conversations and de-stigmatising issues
- Evaluating how work is designed, how demands are managed and how your team is supported day-to-day
- Modelling mentally healthy practices and boundaries at all levels of your organisation
- Recognising the rapidly evolving needs of your workforce and responding accordingly